Published on:

Fabens, Texas 2 Year Old Suffers Serious Burn Injuries – Dangers in the Kitchen from Boiling Water and Hot Food Products

By Robert Chaiken, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network

household%20pot%20of%20boiling%20water%20on%20stove.jpg

In Fabens, Texas, a 2 year old child suffered serious burn injuries in the kitchen of his home. According to a story posted at the KDBC CBS 4 News website, the mother had placed a water on the stove for heating. Thereafter, the mother put the pot on the table as she was getting ready for work. Just a few moments of inattention resulted in injuries of a 2 year old who knocked the pot of water over. Deputies later arrived on the scene to find this child with serious burn injuries from the hot water.

Parents, especially working and single parents, have a lot of responsibility. Distractions happen every day. Nevertheless, it is vital for parents to be super diligent when there are any risks or dangers to children. Many people do not believe the a child can be harmed in the safety of the child’s own home. This is far from the truth. There are a host of dangers present in homes including but not limited to dangers leading to burn injuries, fractures, electrocution, poisoning, choking, and strangulation. Parents should do their best to safeguard their homes. This includes keeping hot / boiling water away from the reach of children. You can read more about this story at Texas 2 Year Old Suffers Serious Injuries from Hot Pot of Water in Home.