By Will Brown, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network
A 1-year-old boy of Morgan County, Ohio has tragically died. Official suspect the cause of the infant’s death was bacterial meningitis, however, the cause of his death has not been confirmed. The boy’s day care facility has also undergone extensive cleaning. Although the boy’s death has not been officially attributed to meningitis, director of nursing at the Morgan County Health Department confirmed that as man as 20 children and their respective families have been notified and advised to watch for symptoms. Another girl who attended the same child care facility as the boy is also being treated at Columbus Hospital. Cain was first contacted about the girl being treated for bacterial meningitis, just 15 minutes later she was informed about the boy’s case. The day care center was not named. Meningitis is typically caused by a viral or bacterial infection and is an inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord. Typical symptoms are those similar to upper-respiratory distress and the flu. Infected children may also keep their chin tucked in because it is too painful to move their neck, severe headaches are also a symptom. Symptoms usually appear 3-4 days after exposure. For more read 1-year-old Morgan County, Ohio, boy dies of suspected bacterial meningitis, day care facility undergoes extensive cleaning.