Published on:

Toddler in Waterville Maine Burned from Microwave Fire

By Anthony Ferguson, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network


A two-year old Waterville, Maine boy suffered serious burns from a microwave oven fire at his home. It appears that the toddler placed nonmicrowaveable items such as a bottle of perfume and a metal fork into the microwave. A flash fire resulted when he started the microwave. The boy’s mother heard a pop and went downstairs to investigate. She found her son with clothing on fire. She patted the fire out. An ambulance transported the boy to Inland Hospital in Waterville. Once stabilized, he was flown to the Shriners Hospital for Children in Boston for further treatment of the personal injuries / burns suffered as a result of this fire.

You can read more about this story at Maine Toddler Suffered Burn Injuries from Microwave Fire.

This story shows the importance of child proofing the home and adult supervision of children. Household items like refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, and yes, microwaves pose hazards to children who do not understand or appreciate the associated dangers.

You can read more about the incident at Waterville Maine Child Suffers Burns and Personal Injuries From Microwave Fire.

Contact Information