Published on:

What if a Chid is Injured in an Automobile Accident in the State of Washington? What Insurance is Available for Medical Bills and Pain and Suffering Compensation?

By Lee Tucker, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network


In the State of Washington and other States, children are the unfortunate victims suffering from personal injuries as a result of an automobile accident, pedestrian accident, trucking accident, or bicycle accident. When a child suffers personal injuries from an automobile accident or these other accidents, a parent is often faced with the challenges of getting medical bills paid and treatment in place. Furthermore, when a child is injured as a result of the fault of another person, the child is entitled to pain and suffering compensation related to the injuries caused by the accident. It is important for a parent to consult with a Washington Child Injury Lawyer when dealing with these issues and the other insurance and legal issues that arise in these cases. It should be noted that Washington law requires that vehicle owners carry a minimum of $25,000 in Bodily Injury liability insurance. This coverage can provide compensation to the injury victim for medical bills, pain, suffering, and other damages. There are other forms of insurance available in the State of Washington but these coverages are optional. These include Medical Payment Coverage, PIP (Personal Injury Protection) Coverage, and Uninsured Motorist Coverage. While Bodily Injury Coverage is required under Washington Law, many vehicle owners allow the coverage to lapse or otherwise fail to secure and maintain the required insurance in the State of Washington.

When a child suffers personal injuries as a result of an automobile accident, a parent should seek legal advice from a Washington Child Injury Lawyer to learn more about the child’s rights and resources in the community for medical care for the injured child. The book titled – The ABCs of Child Injury – Legal Rights of the Injured Child – has chapters on Automobile Accidents, Day Care Center, School Injuries, and other topics. You can get a free copy of this book at The ABCs of Child Injury. Another good resource for parents is the book – When the Wheels Stop Spinning – Legal Rights of the Injured Child – What Parents Need to Know After the Accident. This book has chapters on Bicycle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents, Automobile Accidents, Insurance Coverage, Wrongful Death, and other topics. You can get this book for free at When the Wheels Stop Spinning.

Contact Information