Published on:

Hand Sanitzers Have High Alcohol Content: Toxins / Poisons Dangerous to Children

By Robert Chaiken, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network

Medical%20Health%20Alcohol%20Poison%20Toxin%20Hand%20Sanitizer.jpg

Common household items can be quite dangerous to children who have a poor safety awareness. Hand sanitizer liquids can be quite dangerous to children due to the high alcohol content of these products. A review of most hand sanitizers will reveal that the liquid has a high percentage of alcohol in the product. As such, a simple product like hand sanitizer liquid, lotion, or soap can cause serious personal injuries and even death to a child who ingest or swallows the product. Because of these dangers, parents, caregivers, teachers, and day care center employees should take that extra effort to keep sanitizers in a safe location and to monitor children while using this product.

The dangers of this product were reported by Dr. Sanjay Gupta – Medical Correspondent with CNN News. In addition, a medical article was published by a doctor who studied the dangerous effects of ingesting hand sanitizer liquid by an alcoholic adult who was admitted into a hospital. You can read about this case study at Mayo Clinic Proceedings – Intentional Ingestion of Ethanol Based Hand Sanitizer by an Alcoholic Hospitalized Patient.