By Robert Chaiken, Attorney and David Wolf, Attorney
Published by Child Injury Lawyer Network
In Dallas County (Red Bird), Texas, a 7 month old (Briana Jones) was forgotten in a vehicle and died. When the child was found, she was rushed by paramedics for emergency treatment at Methodist Charlton Medical Center. It appears from the facts presented that the child died from heat exposure or heat stroke. Unfortunately, deaths of this nature continue to occur because parents, babysitters, and caregivers continue to be forgetful and leave children unattended in vehicles that get a lot hotter than most people realize. Furthermore, there are other dangers to leaving a child in a vehicle unattended.
Some experts estimate that the inside of a vehicle can reach temperatures exceeding 120 degrees when the temperature is 80 degrees outside and the vehicle is exposed to direct sunlight for an hour or so. You can read more about this story at 7 Month Old Dies After Being Left Unattended in a Vehicle.